G3P - The Global Gravity-based Groundwater Product
Groundwater is one of the most important freshwater resources for mankind and for ecosystems. Due to its fundamental role in the Earth’s water and energy cycles, groundwater has been declared as an Essential Climate Variable (ECV) by GCOS, the Global Climate Observing System. The Copernicus Services, however, do not yet deliver data on this fundamental resource, nor is there any other data source worldwide that operationally provides information on changing groundwater resources in a consistent way, observation-based, and with global coverage. This gap will be closed by G3P, the Global Gravity-based Groundwater Product.
The G3P consortium comprises 12 partner organisations with outstanding expertise in the fields of GRACE/GRACE-FO data processing, water cycle research, remote sensing, groundwater research, product development and applications. Click for more information.
- Astronomical Institute of Uni Bern
- Climate and Environmental Remote Sensing Group of TU Wien
- Collecte Localisation Satellites SA
- Department of Geography Universität Zürich
- Earth Observation Data Centre for Water Resources Monitoring GmbH
- Finnish Meteorological Institute (Ilmatieteen Laitos)
- Future Water SL
- GFZ Potsdam - Department 1
- GFZ Potsdam - Section 4.4 "Hydrology"
- Institute of Geodesy of TU Graz
- Magellium SAS